Creche is this wonderful service offered here by some of the organizations we frequent for playgroups. Basically you pay a small fee, if anything, to drop your child off with qualified carers for a couple of hours during a designated time.
And, cheers to some new found independence for Mackenzie and me!
One of our favorite groups, The St. Vincent Family Project, offers creche on Wednesdays along with a knitting group for moms. I have wanted to learn to knit for a long time now so I was anxious to join the group but Mac had other feelings. We tried a few times during November and December, enough for Mac to shed many tears and for me to learn the basics and start on a scarf.
Well, maybe it's a new year or turning 2 gave her a boost of confidence but we had our first successful creche experience today! It started out a bit rough but sure enough, Mackenzie started having so much fun she forgot all about momma for 2 whole hours. I got in some great conversation with fellow mommas and even finished my scarf.
Except it looks nothing like a scarf, more like a collar. Thankfully, one of the wonderful women in the group is an expert knitter and has agreed to take me and my fumbling hands under her wing. Wish me luck on my next project. I will consider it a success if people don't have to ask what it is.
And, cheers to some new found independence for Mackenzie and me!
5 comments:
I'm impressed by you learning new things. Inspiring.
What a big milestone (for both of you). I can't wait to see the project you will take pictures of!!! Congratulations on a new accomplishment.
Congratulations to both of you! Independence for Mac and a new hobby for mommy. Perhaps you should knit some baby booties for yourself... hint hint :) (I had to slip that in there as I haven't bugged you very much about it)
I can imagine knitting would be fun. believe it or not, I learned to needlepoint about 30 years ago and actually enjoyed it alot. Not q quite as relaxing as guitar hero, but pretty close!
Haha! Funny post. :) I tried knitting a few years ago and gave up...or rather postponed trying again. Glad you had the opportunity for some time to yourself!
Post a Comment