Happy Inauguration Day! What a wondefully historic day for America. My stomach is all aflutter as I watch CNN's live coverage of all of the exciting events. Such a proud day for this American!
Mackenzie knew it was going to be a big day when she woke up but she wasn't sure if it was because of Obama or because she was going to see Santa Clause again.
Mackenzie knew it was going to be a big day when she woke up but she wasn't sure if it was because of Obama or because she was going to see Santa Clause again.
While we are bummed to not be in the US today, we did find something special to do today. We celebrated by visiting Madame Tussaud's to see the unveiling of the President Obama wax figure. As a treat to Americans we got in free! Mackenzie was terrified of the place (except for Shrek) so we made a quick dash through the exhibits and paused to take just a few pictures.

(Mac is used to seeing the Jolie-Pitts with their kiddos so she's a bit confused.)
While waiting in line to take our picture with President Obama I was interviewed for a story in The Gaurdian. I'll let you know if my quotes make the paper.
Here are our photo ops from the day:

Poor Mackenzie. She sees W. lurking in the background and is terrified he isn't really going to leave office today.



Mac in her red, white and blue for this amazing day!
(Mac is used to seeing the Jolie-Pitts with their kiddos so she's a bit confused.)
While waiting in line to take our picture with President Obama I was interviewed for a story in The Gaurdian. I'll let you know if my quotes make the paper.
Here are our photo ops from the day:
Poor Mackenzie. She sees W. lurking in the background and is terrified he isn't really going to leave office today.


Mac in her red, white and blue for this amazing day!
5 comments:
What an amazing experience while abroad Sorry you won't also have the Chicago experience, but pretty neat to get an international perspective of this historical day. Great pics in spite of Mackenzie's trepidation. Love you all!
What an incredibly amazing story--I was proud to see both of you with Barack--how clever to go to him since he was too busy today to come to you!! Saw young ones on America's Funniest Videos (which I hardly ever watch, by the way), saying they wanted "Obama" for President--none were as cute as our Mac. (Love the byline about her being afraid that "W" might not leave...)
Counting down the days. Love, hugs and kisses to all--
Shelley
I am LOVING the new look of the blog and the headshot of Mac. It looks so professional.
I'm bummed you missed yesterday, too. At least you were able to participate in spirit. Years from now, Mac will laugh at her shot with "Obama."
~ Lin
What a fun experience on such a historical day! Mac has great instincts on who to be cautious of (Bush)
Love the little patriotic outfit. Mackenzie's trepidation may have been justified seeing as there have been so many questions with Obama's official oath of office. : )
Post a Comment