Friday, May 8, 2009

Brush this dust off!

Whew! This blog is duuuusty! To think I started this thing as a way to frequently chronicle Mackenzie's life and our time in London and now it's been almost a month since my last post. And I still don't have any of our recent trips or time with our guests appropriately logged. Lots of catching up to look forward too!

In the past month we sadly said "see ya later" to Josh, Missy, Liam and Nolan. We had SUCH a wonderful time with them that we almost stole their passports so they couldn't get home. And the more time I spend in London the better and better Phoenix weather and swimming pools sound to me so hopefully we will make it to their neck of the woods sooner rather than later. Not to mention that we want to see some of our favorite people again very soon!

Mac and I did make a trip the US recently, but just to South Dakota and Minneapolis. We went for 10 days so I could attend my very dear friend Carrie Dobie's wedding to her honey Matt Puckzo in Minneapolis. I had my first weekend away from Mac and we both enjoyed ourselves. She getting spoiled by her grandparents and me getting to see so many friends and have a hotel room all to myself. I didn't get to sleep in either day but being able to get in a car (a luxury with or without the kiddo considering we are carless here in London) quickly, go shopping, get my nails done, have dinner with friends without feeding and entertaining a toddler was divine. Another delight of the trip was getting to talk to Mackenzie on the phone. So sweet!

I have to admit, I definitely missed Mac but I wasn't quite ready to go back to being a a full time mom on Sunday afternoon. But I'll take whatever break I can get. And Jeremy and I are definitely putting a couples getaway at the top of our priority list.

Mac is awake from her nap now so I have to run. Until next time!

No comments: