Sunday, March 15, 2009

Hair today, gone tomorrow

Mackenzie experienced a big milestone today, her first haircut!

Mommy has been wanting to do it for awhile now (remember my to cut the hair or not post awhile back?) but daddy wanted to hold off so over Christmas we consulted the expert in the family, Aunt Shelley, who gave Jeremy his first haircut. She said to wait until she visited in March so we did and here we are.


Great Aunt Shelley combing out the do, with Aubrey keeping a close eye.

Mac wasn't too keen on the idea but a new Barney video from the Grahams, some M&M's and an audience of people to distract her and we only heard a few "no scissors!" comments.


I guess maybe the audience wasn't distracting so much, but capturing.

We told her she looked "so cute!" when it was all over with and her reply was "I not so cute."

All of the adults like it at least!

She didn't get a bucket of hair cut off like cousin Gabe did from his recent first cut by Nami, or fancy styling gel like cousin Liam but it was a great success!

Tying that rat tail in a pretty bow...

And while it's sentimental as this is the only hair she's had since she was born, I'm happy to see it in the envelope and not on her head!

Ta-da!!

All done! I don't know if anyone else sees it, but I think she looks so much like mommy did as a toddler in these pictures. I'll have to scan some of myself and Jeremy so you can see for yourself.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Ah Mac, you look so grown up! Love the new 'do!

Anonymous said...

How much fun that Mac and Jeremy can share that their first haircuts were by the same professional stylist!!! I would love to see the comparison with your toddler pictures, can't wait and I, like Missy, love the new do!!

AML, Nami

Tabitha said...

Very cute! I also think she looks more like you than Jeremy.