I'm 16 weeks along and feeling great. And hungry! My maternity clothes arrived via Papa Mike this week and I couldn't be more grateful. I can breathe again!
Mac has fully embraced baby Cheese. In fact, she is quite anxious for Cheese's arrival. We've explained to her that baby will come after Christmas, after her birthday, and probably shortly after Nolan's birthday sometime in March.
Well, last Sunday while Jeremy was working Mac and I went to an open house at a private hospital I was interested in checking out for the delivery. We got there, checked in, met our tour guide and Mac asked, "where do we get our baby?" Time to explain the waiting part again I guess!
A while later during the tour Mac said to me, "I sure wish Christmas and my birthday would hurry up and we could go marching so Cheese would be here." Guess we have to explain that March is a month too and that we won't literally be marching to get the baby.
**************************************************************************************
And here's a conversation we had last week discussing where the baby will eventually sleep and where Papa Mike would sleep during his upcoming visit.
Mac: When Papa comes he can sleep in my playroom. Yeah, him can.
M: I'll put baby Cheese to sleep in my bouncy chair.
D'one: Maybe the baby can sleep in your crib?
M: No, I need to.
D: But don't you want to get a big girl bed soon?
M: No, I will just stay up.
The conversation resumed a bit later:
M: When the baby comes who will cuddle her?
M: I will! Then when she wakes up from her nap we will take her for a walk. We will put her in the cradle so we don't drop her.
M: Then we will take her shopping. Then I will feed her.
D: What will you feed her?
M: Baby food! The stores sell baby food!
D: Well, when babies are brand new they only drink milk.
M: What kind of milk? Milkshake milk?
D: No, not right away. The mommy makes the milk or you make a bottle.
M: How do you make the milk mommy?
D:My body will do it.
M: (major look of surprise) Oh, I didn't know that!
M: Okay, well, then we will make her a cake. I like Elmo cake the best. Then I will make cupcakes for her.
***************************************************************************************
The other morning we were all three enjoying breakfast together.
Jeremy: Mac would you like a baby brother or baby sister?
Mac: A baby brother.
Jeremy: But it would be okay if it was a baby sister too, right?
Mac: No, daddy. Only one baby.
5 comments:
How amazing and how literal their minds work. Kinda makes you wonder why we get away from their simplicity. I just love hearing about Mac's stories. Love to all, Nami
Mac is going to be a great big sister! And they say to never doubt a child's intuition for the sex of the baby... Mac keeps calling Cheese 'her'? You look great and I won't take no for an answer to get you to model for me!
Mac called the baby her in that conversation, but I can't remember if I led her that way. I think it's a girl so often say her. I think she generally just says baby or Cheese. I'll have to pay attention now! I do know she says she wants a brother though.
I love reading your stories, and I absolutely adore how you call the baby "Cheese." You know the kid is never living the nickname down right???
Fun conversations with your little one. :) She will grow up so quickly as a big sister and it sounds like she's quite prepared.
Post a Comment