Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Everything old is new again

Our sea shipment of stuff came today and it seems everything made it one piece. Mac was so pleased to see some of favorite toys again. And many of the toys that came today she hasn't even played with. They were birthday or Christmas gifts that we had tucked away that will come in handy on those rainy London afternoons.

And her crib (or cot as they're called here) came too. She even asked to go to bed early, without reading any books. That is unheard of, a night with out Goodnight Moon just doesn't happen.

I have a lot of stuff to put away now and probably not enough space to put it (though by London standards we are VERY luck with our storage situation). And maybe Jeremy was right that I packed too many shoes.



And to think we did a huge purge of stuff before we moved. This move has definitely been an opportunity to realize how little stuff we actually need. It makes me a bit shameful to think of all of the extra clutter we have/had but we're trying to get better. I get some inspiration here.

Here's Mac 'helping' unpack.




and of course the box is the favorite toy of all.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Yay! I wish I could play in boxes. It always looks so fun when Gabe does it. Unfortunately, the proportions are just less fun when I try to do it!

Love Auntie.

Tabitha said...

Glad your stuff arrived safely. Funny that kids always turn to the boxes, but it's fun, cheap, & creative entertainment! :) And Happy 18 Months!