Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Picnic!

Today Mac and I went to a lovely picnic in St. James Park, hosted by the St. Vincent's Family Project that we've been participating in. The Project provides a drop in center on Tuesdays and Thursdays in the basement of Methodist Hall, across the street from Westminster Abbey. So we have a picturesque walk there and then enjoy the great space for kiddos to play, explore, do craft projects and for parents and carers to connect and chat. The staff is wonderful and we've been making some good friends, from all over the world, too.

The only bummer was that Mac fell and skinned her knee while we were there but she hardly noticed as she was too busy having fun. I did ask the staff for a bandaid, got a very quizzical look in return and then a response of, "oh, do you mean a plaster?" Yes, I mean a plaster. But Mac was terrified of the plaster or just wanted to show off her bloody(literally, not expressively) knee so I let it be.


Showing off her knee








There really were other people there, but the staff prefers you only photograph your own child. We did have to shoo away a few Asian tourists who wanted pictures of the children playing in the park. I guess you can't be too careful.

2 comments:

Tabitha said...

It does look like fun! What a great way to document your adventure there for your family and friends here to enjoy and for your daughter to look back on.

ChicagoMama said...

Ah, scraped knees -- we had our first one on vacation recently. A kept saying "boo-boo" and pointing to her knee. Now she says "boo-boo all gone." So cute!