Again, the hotels are Mac's favorite part. This was her within in a minute of getting into the room. She was upset we had to leave. I think Jeremy was pretty fond of it too.
One of the first things we did was tour Guiness. We didn't do much of the tour but the lunch we had was delicious (thankfully because I could not stomach most of the other Irish food we tried) and the beer was great too. I only got a taste which left Jeremy with three beers to enjoy (his, mine and his mom's). He was definitely full!
Mac taking her turn at the bar for some water. With a straw and ice please!
One of the highlights of the trip, a tour to Blarney castle. The weather was perfect, the scenary was amazing and the company delightful.
Mac loved all the freedom she had to explore the grounds of the castle.
The Blarney Stone is up there between those two metal bars above the window. You have to lay down and bend way over backwards to kiss it and we all did it (except for Mac)! For some reason I can't get those pics to download so you'll just have to take my word for it. Or maybe you'll notice my (new?) gift of eloquence, the supposed result of kissing the stone.
St. Coleman's Cathedral in the charming port town of Cobh. The town is famous as the embarkation point to America and sadly as the last port of call for the Titanic before it sank.
Inside of the Cathedral.
The 'stack of cards' housing block in Cobh.
Touring is exhausting.
On Sunday we took a great tour of Kilmainham Jail. Many famous Irish figures were imprisoned here throughout it's history. Do you recognize it from any movies? Many have been filmed here including The Italian Job, In the Name of the Father and The Escapist.
Making the trip even more special was getting to celebrate Papa & Nami's 34th wedding anniversary with them.
A toast to the happy couple!
Happy Anniversary! And as part of the old Irish blessing goes, may you know nothing but happiness from this day forward!
Love Ireland and highly recommend it. We've been twice now on short weekend trips and still look forward to seeing more.
3 comments:
Looks like fun was had by all! I would love to get the chance to visit Ireland someday. Although I would not be able to stomach Guiness, yucky stuff.
I can't believe you made it all the way to Cobh. We went there on a whim for our honeymoon and stayed overnight because we were so charmed... I should have warned you about the Blarney Stone - I had no idea you were going. Do you want to know or should I just keep my trap shut?!?
Lin, no, do tell! Is it about being one of the germiest tourist spots?? I think I read that somewhere. We had to go as the castle has been in Jeremy's family way back when.
Post a Comment