I had my 20 week antenatal checkup and scan yesterday and all is looking good. It was my first appointment at the new hospital we chose and I really liked the midwife I met. I feel much more at ease about giving birth over here now.
We didn't find out the gender though several friends tried to talk me into doing so before my appt. But despite being quite tempted we decided to wait.
Mackenzie came with to the appt. and handled 'seeing' the baby really well and had a surprisingly clear grasp of what was happening. She was mostly interested in seeing Cheese's hands and about the gel the technician put on my belly.
This past week she has started talking to Cheese and hugging and kissing my belly. She often asks what Cheese is wearing, is he sleeping, is she laughing, etc.
She also seems to have a pretty clear grasp that this baby will be spending the majority of it's time with me and her. She told me the other day, "daddy will help us with the baby but first he will have to go the kitchen to get something to drink. He likes soda when he is thirsty."
So, we're doing well. I have a feeling the second half of this pregnancy is going to go very quickly!
5 months!
Baby Cheese! We didn't get the greatest pictures this time and this is a picture of the picture so please excuse the quality. And the technician said don't be confused by the appendage near baby's leg, it's just the umbilical cord.
4 comments:
I am impressed by your ability to use "he" and "she" interchangably. I am so impressed you are not buckling to find out boy or girl--it is tempting to want to know but what a great joy it will be after the baby is born to hear if I am an aunt or an uncle!!!
Loving you all and wishing you were closer. Glad everyone is doing well and Mac is adjusting so well--although that is not really a surprise......
Shelley
Thinking about you Wagners! I am excited about you new family member! Keep us updated.
Troy, Katy & Miles
How much fun to have Kenzie sharing in everything and I am impressed you held out on finding out if Cheese is a boy or girl. And tell dear Kenzie not to worry about the sticker. Nami won't be upset with her in the least. Love to all!!!
Your pregnancy is flying by! Little baby cheese will be here before you know it :) I love how great Mac is being about Cheese, she really is going to be a great help to you.
Miss you guys terribly! Give the belly a rub for me.
Missy
Post a Comment